We're always looking for ways to grow our business and learn from others, so we are putting together a small team of experienced individuals to help us do just that! We are excited to establish an advisory board comprised of 3 to 5 enthusiastic and experienced professionals that understand our strategic objectives, have diverse backgrounds, and can provide recommendations and actionable insights on how to achieve those objectives.
Who are we looking for?
We’re looking for someone who may have some or all of the following:
- Has a clear goal on why they want to be an advisor to a start-up, and specifically our company
- Loves coffee
- Is passionate about leveraging technology in business applications
- Is an advocate for sustainability
- Has manufacturing/supply chain experience
- Experience in a retail, e-commerce environment
- Has built a business before in any capacity
- Preferable works full-time outside of the advisory role
- Can offer ad hoc communication and support consistently, generally less than 1 hr/week
- Can promote our company and leverage their network to growth our business
- Can provide guidance, mentorship, and advice
- Can handle being in an advisory role and not be the decision-maker
- Is able to accept an initial term commitment of at least one year
Questions to ask yourself
- Do you truly feel like you can deliver value, based on the needs outlined in the last slide?
- Are you genuinely excited about what we’re working on and the potential we have?
- Do you have enough available time in relation to what is expected for the engagement?
- Do you get a sense that you’ll be able to work with us from a personality match and style perspective?
- Do we have morals that match your standards and are we running a generally clean business?
- Compensation: 0.5% equity vested monthly over entire term (0.0417%/month)
- Term: 12 months (1 year)
- General Activity Level: 1 in-person, teleconference, or lunch meeting per month plus intermittent questions via email or phone
Moderately Intense Advising
- Compensation: 1.0% equity vested monthly over entire term (0.0556%/month)
- Term: 18 months (1.5 years)
- General Activity Level: 1 in-person, teleconference, or lunch meeting per week (~1 hr) for the first 2-3 months, then usually less frequent after that. Intermittent questions via email or phone
We prefer our advisory members to contribute in a way that falls into the moderately, intense advising category.
How to apply
All you have to do to be considered for acceptance into our advisory board is to fill out the form below.